CVS should die (was: Possible make_oidjoins_check ...)

Lists: pgsql-hackerspgsql-patches
From: Rod Taylor <pg(at)rbt(dot)ca>
To: PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Possible make_oidjoins_check Security Issue
Date: 2004-10-19 20:18:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

From: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
To: Rod Taylor <pg(at)rbt(dot)ca>
Cc: PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Possible make_oidjoins_check Security Issue
Date: 2004-10-20 02:52:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

On Wed, 2004-10-20 at 06:18, Rod Taylor wrote:
> http://secunia.com/advisories/12860/

This seems like a rather inconsequential problem, but it should be
fixed. The first two ideas that come to mind: use temporary files in
$PWD rather than /tmp, or create a subdirectory in /tmp to use for the
temporary files.

-Neil

On Wed, Oct 20, 2004 at 12:52:57PM +1000, Neil Conway wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-10-20 at 06:18, Rod Taylor wrote:
> > http://secunia.com/advisories/12860/
>
> This seems like a rather inconsequential problem, but it should be
> fixed. The first two ideas that come to mind: use temporary files in
> $PWD rather than /tmp, or create a subdirectory in /tmp to use for the
> temporary files.

Better, use mktemp(1). The thread testing script already does it IIRC.

"Un poeta es un mundo encerrado en un hombre" (Victor Hugo)