make --enable-depend the default

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: make --enable-depend the default
Date: 2013-08-01 09:10:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

People, including me, every now and then forget to pass --enable-depend
to configure (when not using my own environment). Which then leads to
strange errors that cost time to track down...

Thus I'd like to enable dependency tracking by default. Given todays
computing powers there doesn't seem to be much reason not to do so.

Any arguments against?

Greetings,

Andres Freund