Re: Hope for a new PostgreSQL era?

Lists: pgsql-general
From: Rodrigo E(dot) De León Plicet <rdeleonp(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Hope for a new PostgreSQL era?
Date: 2011-12-08 02:52:09
Lists: pgsql-general

http://www.dbms2.com/2011/11/23/hope-for-a-new-postgresql-era/

Some of the points mentioned:
- MySQL is narrowing the gap, but PostgreSQL is still ahead of MySQL
in some ways. (Database extensibility if nothing else.)
- Neither EnterpriseDB (which now calls itself “The enterprise
PostgreSQL
company”) nor the PostgreSQL community leadership have covered
themselves
with stewardship glory.
- PostgreSQL advancement is not dead.

Comments?

On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 7:52 PM, Rodrigo E. De León Plicet
<rdeleonp(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> http://www.dbms2.com/2011/11/23/hope-for-a-new-postgresql-era/
>
> Some of the points mentioned:
> - MySQL is narrowing the gap, but PostgreSQL is still ahead of MySQL
>  in some ways.  (Database extensibility if nothing else.)
> - Neither EnterpriseDB (which now calls itself “The enterprise
> PostgreSQL
>  company”) nor the PostgreSQL community leadership have covered
> themselves
>  with stewardship glory.
> - PostgreSQL advancement is not dead.

I'd like to see the author's thoughts filled out on these points.
they seem rather vague and overly simplistic, and I wonder what
specific points he might have to make rather than this vague "hand
wavy" list he has so far.