Re: snapshot generation broken

Lists: pgsql-hackers
From: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: snapshot generation broken
Date: 2010-09-22 08:33:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi all!

It seems that the git move has broken the generation of the automatic
snapshot tarballs - has anybody yet looked into what it would take to
move those to fetching from git?

Stefan

From: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: snapshot generation broken
Date: 2010-09-22 08:47:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 22/09/10 11:33, Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> It seems that the git move has broken the generation of the automatic
> snapshot tarballs - has anybody yet looked into what it would take to
> move those to fetching from git?

BTW, there is a nice command called in git to create tarballs:

git archive master | gzip > postgresql.tar.gz

I doubt we can use it because we add some generated files to our
tarballs that are not in the repository, but I thought I'd mention it.

--
Heikki Linnakangas

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 10:47, Heikki Linnakangas
> On 22/09/10 11:33, Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
>>
>> Hi all!
>>
>> It seems that the git move has broken the generation of the automatic
>> snapshot tarballs - has anybody yet looked into what it would take to
>> move those to fetching from git?
>
> BTW, there is a nice command called in git to create tarballs:
>
> git archive master | gzip > postgresql.tar.gz
>
> I doubt we can use it because we add some generated files to our tarballs
> that are not in the repository, but I thought I'd mention it.

It is useful, yes, but not for this.

I'll take a peek at the tarball generation today, unless beaten to it
(meaning if someone wants to star tlooking into it, send me an email
or ping me on irc to make sure we don't duplicate the work)

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/