Re: pg_filedump 9.3: checksums (and a few other fixes)

Lists: pgsql-hackers
From: Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: pg_filedump 9.3: checksums (and a few other fixes)
Date: 2013-06-10 05:00:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Attached is a first draft of an update to pg_filedump for 9.3. I know
pg_filedump is a pgfoundry project, but that seems like it's just there
to host the download; so please excuse the slightly off-topic post here
on -hackers.

I made a few changes to support 9.3, which were mostly fixes related two
things:

* new htup_details.h and changes related to FK concurrency improvements
* XLogRecPtr is now a uint64

And, of course, I added support for checksums. They are always displayed
and calculated, but it only throws an error if you pass "-k". Only the
user knows whether checksums are enabled, because we removed page-level
bits indicating the presence of a checksum.

The patch is a bit ugly: I had to copy some code, and copy the entire
checksum.c file (minus some Asserts, which don't work in an external
program). Suggestions welcome.

Regards,
Jeff Davis

Attachment Content-Type Size