Re: pg_filedump 9.3: checksums (and a few other fixes)

From: Josh Kupershmidt <schmiddy(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_filedump 9.3: checksums (and a few other fixes)
Date: 2013-06-25 00:34:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 12:42 PM, Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com> wrote:
> Attached a new diff for pg_filedump that makes use of the above change.
>
> I'm not sure what the resolution of Alvaro's concern was, so I left the
> flag reporting the same as the previous patch.

This patch is in the current CommitFest, does it still need to be
reviewed? If so, I notice that the version in pgfoundry's CVS is
rather different than the version the patch seems to have been built
against (presumably the pg_filedump-9.2.0.tar.gz release), and
conflicts in several places with cvs tip.

Also, would anyone be willing to convert this repository to git and
post it on github or similar? pgfoundry is becoming increasingly
difficult to use, for instance the 'Browse CVS Repository' link for
pg_filedump and other projects is broken[1] and apparently has been
for months[2], not to mention the general crumminess of using CVS [3].

Josh

[1] http://pgfoundry.org/scm/browser.php?group_id=1000541
[2] http://pgfoundry.org/forum/forum.php?thread_id=15554&forum_id=44&group_id=1000013
[3] Since the pgfoundry cvs server apparently doesn't support the 'ls'
command, you might need to know this to know which module name to
check out: cvs -d
:pserver:anonymous(at)cvs(dot)pgfoundry(dot)org:/cvsroot/pgfiledump checkout
pg_filedump