Re: Postgresql replication

From: Chris Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgresql replication
Date: 2005-08-25 16:20:52
Lists: pgsql-general

bohdan(dot)linda(at)seznam(dot)cz (Bohdan Linda) writes:
> I would have a slight offtopic question, this is issue only of pgsql or
> there are some other db solutions which have good performance when doing
> this kind of replication across the world.

Asynchronous multimaster replication is pretty much a generally tough
problem.

Oracle, Sybase, and DB2 all have methods of doing it; none are either
simple, straightforward, or transparent to use.

It's a tough problem, in general.
--
(reverse (concatenate 'string "gro.mca" "@" "enworbbc"))
http://cbbrowne.com/info/rdbms.html