Re:

From: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re:
Date: 2014-07-23 06:25:02
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

On 7/22/2014 11:14 PM, Kalai R wrote:
> *Well the above would indicate it is not being shutdown properly.
>
> How are you shutting it down?*
> *
> *
> PSQL server starterd as stoped by postgresql windows service. So when
> I shutdown the machine postgres shutting down by postgres windows service
>
> *What and how are you installing?*
> *
> *
> Using windows binary zip file, I extract zip file and create cluster
> using intidb then register windows service using pg_ctl
> *
> *
> *Who are you running the service as?**
> *
> *
> *
> I try to start the psql server from command prompt using pg_ctl.exe

why not use the installer, which sets it all up correctly for you?

I think the problem is, you ran initdb as your user account, but the
system service is running as the special system accounbt
NETWORK_SERVICE, or similar, and there may be files in the data
directory which the NETWORK_SERVICE account doesn't have write access
writes to. you can probably fix this with the cacls command.

--
john r pierce 37N 122W