Re:

From: Kalai R <softlinne(dot)kv(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re:
Date: 2014-07-23 06:42:37
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

*why not use the installer, which sets it all up correctly for you?*

In previous, I use installer. but I face more data corruption problem and
also server starting problem when shutting down the system. so I try to
install my self.

*I think the problem is, you ran initdb as your user account, but the
system service is running as the special system accounbt NETWORK_SERVICE,
or similar, and there may be files in the data directory which the
NETWORK_SERVICE account doesn't have write access writes to. you can
probably fix this with the cacls command.*

I think you are correct. But I want to know why database corrupted even
though I shutting down the machine properly. This is frequently happen when
I use installer also.