Re: Materialized views WIP patch

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Kevin Grittner <kgrittn(at)ymail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Materialized views WIP patch
Date: 2013-02-19 22:45:10
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

> That I could probably do. Do you think they should have a separate
> pg_stat_user_matviews table, etc., or do you think it would be
> better to include them in with tables there?

Well, ideally pg_matviews would have matview definitions, and
pg_stat_matviews would have stats on matview usage and rows. But see
what you can get done; I imagine we'll overhaul it for 9.4 anyway once
we've had a chance to use the feature.

>> Also a \dM.
>
> I already added it as \dm in the current patch. Does that conflict
> with something else that's pending?

Oh, no, I thought \dm was *already* in use, but apparently not.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.