Re: PostgreSQL 8.4 development plan

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Dimitri Fontaine <dfontaine(at)hi-media(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, Brendan Jurd <direvus(at)gmail(dot)com>, Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL 8.4 development plan
Date: 2008-02-06 23:50:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Dimitri Fontaine <dfontaine(at)hi-media(dot)com> writes:
> Le Wednesday 06 February 2008 21:35:54 Peter Eisentraut, vous avez crit:
>> Yes, I feel we could use a group writeable patch queue of some sort.
>> Perhaps an IMAP server setup could do the job.

> I've read some developers appreciating the way review board works:
> http://review-board.org/
> http://code.google.com/p/reviewboard/
> http://code.google.com/p/reviewboard/wiki/UserBasics

Hmm, the info on that last page might be out of date, but what it says is
that the only SCMS they really support 100% is SVN. The other ones they
claim support for don't work [well/at all] with the post-review tool.

It looks interesting though, and would alleviate a few of the problems
people have mentioned with reviewing stuff that's posted as diffs.
Has anyone here got any direct experience with it?