Re: SSI freezing bug

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Kevin Grittner <kgrittn(at)ymail(dot)com>
Cc: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>, Dan Ports <drkp(at)csail(dot)mit(dot)edu>
Subject: Re: SSI freezing bug
Date: 2013-10-07 13:58:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2013-10-07 06:44:19 -0700, Kevin Grittner wrote:
> Patch attached.  Any objections to applying that Real Soon Now?
> (When, exactly is the deadline to make today's minor release
> cut-off?)

Maybe it's overly careful, but I personally slightly vote for applying
it after the backbranch releases. The current behaviour doesn't have any
harsh consequences and mostly reproduceable in artifical scenarios and
the logic here is complex enough that we might miss something.

A day just doesn't leave much time to noticing any issues.

Greetings,

Andres Freund