Re: PostgreSQL XID exceeded crash.

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Mario Lopez <mario(at)lar3d(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL XID exceeded crash.
Date: 2006-09-04 12:12:12
Lists: pgsql-general

Mario Lopez wrote:
> Hi!,
>
> I am having an XID issue with PostgreSQL, while doing a pg_restore from
> a 200MB saved database I get a server crash, searching through the debug
> messages I have found that PostgreSQL crashes due to a exausted XID
> resource with a message that looks this way (sorry for the Spanish log)
>
> UBICACIÓN: StartupXLOG, xlog.c:4820
> LOG: 00000: el límite para el reciclaje de ID de transacciones es
> 2147484146, limitado por base de datos «postgres»

This is not a problem. If you see a crash, the message is elsewhere --
the message should start with ERROR, FATAL or PANIC. LOG is normal
operation. I suggest you look at the log more closely.

Maybe the error is the line above; LOCATION lines (UBICACIÓN) are
located just below the log entry they are annotating.