OpenSea's Sr. Database Engineer - Remote (US)

From: David Park <david(dot)park(at)opensea(dot)io>
To: pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: OpenSea's Sr. Database Engineer - Remote (US)
Date: 2022-01-31 19:07:41
Lists: pgsql-jobs

OpenSea is a remote-first company looking to urgently hire a key Senior
Database Engineer
<https://jobs.lever.co/OpenSea/887bcc53-a170-48c9-b8e2-5f59be72bb64> in the
US to especially help run postgresql full stop and lead its design for
scalability & stability.

Our marketplace activity has ballooned nearly overnight having gone from 0
to 600k active users and 80M+ NFT’s listed on our marketplace, leading to
$15B+ total transactions in roughly 6 months. There are many challenges
we’re currently facing with our mutating data and are seeking an expert to
help diagnose our current challenges but also ensure we’re on the right
path to continue scaling rapidly.

*Desired Experience:*

-

8+ years experience working with PostgreSQL (primarily 9.6, including
high availability and DR solutions) preferred, though expertise with other
relational databases will be considered
-

Experience building and operating large-scale online services and
fault-tolerant distributed systems
-

AWS experience, including RDS, Aurora and general experience with
containers, and serverless compute platforms
-

Experience with operating systems, configuration management, and IaC
-

Scripting in Bash, T-SQL or other interpreted languages such as Python
and Ruby
-

Familiarity with configuration management systems such as Terraform
-

Familiarity with continuous integration, delivery, testing, and code
deployment (using tools such as Github Actions)
-

Experience with extracting useful telemetry data to address issues and
forecast future growth using tools like Datadog

*Learning Opportunities:*

Great opportunity to have a high degree of ownership and impact on
technical design & decisions given our relatively lean engineering team.
Also, a unique opportunity to learn more about the NFT/web3 space as part
of the OpenSea team.

*Location:*

We are a remote-first company hiring throughout the US.

*Term:*

Permanent/FT position including full healthcare benefits.

*Compensation:*

Highly competitive pay benchmarked against other high-tech & crypto
companies. OpenSea is already profitable and has recently raised
significant capital, in part, to pursue top talent. Compensation will be a
mix of cash and private stock and may vary based on skill-level and
experience.

*About Your Company:*

We're currently the largest NFT marketplace – think eBay for digital goods
– where users can buy and sell digital collectibles, event tickets, digital
art, etc. and empower the creator/artist/user community. We’ve grown from 7
to 100 people in about one year and our total transaction volume has
skyrocketed in the past six months to $15B+. Our growth and marketplace
activity can be viewed in a publicly available dashboard found here
<https://dune.xyz/rchen8/opensea>.

*Learn More About Us:*

OpenSea jobs <https://jobs.lever.co/OpenSea>

Generalist’s article on OpenSea & NFT space
<https://www.readthegeneralist.com/briefing/opensea>

CEO Devin's interview on Unchained Podcast
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrMe8vR2gJg>

* <https://opensea.io/>*
*David Park*
david(dot)park(at)opensea(dot)io