Re: event trigger API documentation?

From: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)fr>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers\(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: event trigger API documentation?
Date: 2013-04-18 15:31:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> You can be as much silent as you want in marketing materials (though
> maybe Berkus will disagree with you about being silent there), but it is
> not admissible to be silent in the documentation or pretend the feature
> is not there. Whatever got committed, however small, needs to be
> properly documented.

Definitely, yes.

The only questions in this thread are:

- only docs or docs + contrib example?

Tom said it's too late for the contrib example.

- what about support for PLs other than C and PLpgSQL?

It used to be part of the patch, and I don't understand well enough
the development calendar to guess if I'm supposed to extract that
from earlier patch or if that's too late for 9.3. I'm not sure
what Peter's idea are wrt to the calendar here.

Dimitri Fontaine