Re: event trigger API documentation?

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)fr>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: event trigger API documentation?
Date: 2013-04-26 02:28:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 2013-04-18 at 17:31 +0200, Dimitri Fontaine wrote:
> - what about support for PLs other than C and PLpgSQL?
>
> It used to be part of the patch, and I don't understand well
> enough
> the development calendar to guess if I'm supposed to extract that
> from earlier patch or if that's too late for 9.3. I'm not sure
> what Peter's idea are wrt to the calendar here.

I added event trigger support to PL/sh, just for some additional

https://github.com/petere/plsh/tree/event-triggers

It seems pretty straightforward and useful, so I'm not sure where your
hesitation is coming from.

Based in this, I could add some documentation in the coming weeks.

I don't think we have time to add support for this to the in-tree PLs.
But I was thinking we should at least check all PLs out there that they
don't crash if they are presented with an event trigger function,
because if you code a PL like this:

if (CALLED_AS_TRIGGER(fcinfo) {
// it's a trigger
}