Re: additional json functionality

From: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)fr>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: "David E(dot) Wheeler" <david(at)justatheory(dot)com>, Hannu Krosing <hannu(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: additional json functionality
Date: 2013-11-17 22:44:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> That would be one of the silliest and most short-sighted decisions we have
> made in many years, IMNSHO. The demand for strong JSON support is enormous.

One of the silliest and most short-sighted decisions we made recently
might have been to actually ship that json variant in 9.2, after all.

The most popular PostgreSQL commands in 9.4 are going to be:

$ sudo apt-get install postgresql-contrib-9.4

# create extension jstore;
# alter table foo alter column documents type jstore;
# create index on foo using gist(documents);

Dimitri Fontaine