Re: Postgresql on file system EXT2 or EXT3

Lists: pgsql-general
From: "Carmen Wai" <wai_carmen(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgresql on file system EXT2 or EXT3
Date: 2003-11-27 15:00:30
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello:

I would like to know whether there is any different in installing Postgresql
on the Linux system with file system of EXT2 or EXT3. I have two machines
with idential OS (Red Hat 7.3 install with postgresql 7.3.4) but with
different file system, 1 is EXT2 and the other is EXT3. When I insert 10,000
records to the two machines, I found that the machine with EXT2 insert much
quicker than the other with EXT3.

Is postgresqk perform better with EXT2 file system?

Thanks a lot!
Carmen

Linguaphone : Learning English? Get Japanese lessons for FREE
http://go.msnserver.com/HK/30476.asp