Re: Postgresql on file system EXT2 or EXT3

From: <terry(at)ashtonwoodshomes(dot)com>
To: "'Craig O'Shannessy'" <craig(at)ucw(dot)com(dot)au>, "'Rich Shepard'" <rshepard(at)appl-ecosys(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Postgresql on file system EXT2 or EXT3
Date: 2003-11-28 01:16:22
Lists: pgsql-general

Been there, done that.

I'll buy more memory to help overcome the (I find subtle) disk performance
issue long before I will give up a journalling file system: Telling the
users they have to wait 20 min for the system to come back is a bitter pill
to swallow. With a journalling file system most linux systems are back up
within 120 seconds, and many types of users may not even notice it was down.
:)

Terry Fielder
Manager Software Development and Deployment
Great Gulf Homes / Ashton Woods Homes
terry(at)greatgulfhomes(dot)com
Fax: (416) 441-9085