Re: Linux Journal Editors Choice Awards

Lists: pgsql-hackers
From: "Christopher Kings-Lynne" <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
To: "Hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Linux Journal Editors Choice Awards
Date: 2002-09-03 01:49:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Looks like we got an honourable mention *sigh*:

Server Appliance: SnapGear for Lite/Lite+ SOHO Firewall/VPN Client
Honorable Mention: Sun Microsystems for Cobalt Qube
Security Tool: GPG
Web Server: IBM for xSeries
Honorable Mention: Sun Microsystems for Cobalt RaQ XRT
Enterprise Application Server: Zope
Technical Workstation: HP for x4000
Web Client (Tie): Mozilla and Galeon
Honorable Mention: Konqueror
Graphics Application: The GIMP
Consumer Software: KDE 3.0
Communication Tool: Ximian for Evolution
Development Tool: Emacs
Honorable Mentions: Borland for Kylix, and Kdevelop
Database: MySQL Honorable Mention: PostgresSQL
Backup Software: Sistina Software for Logical Volume Manager
Office Application: Sun Microsystems for OpenOffice 1.0
Mobile Device: Sharp for Zaurus
Training and Certification Program: Linux Professional Institute
Game: Sunspire Studios for TuxRacer
Honorable Mention: Pysol
Technical Book: Linux Device Drivers 2nd Edition by Alessandro Rubini and
Jonathan Corbet (O'Reilly & Associates)
Non-Technical Book: The Future of Ideas: The Fate of the Commons in a
Connected World by Lawrence Lessig (Random House)
Web Site: Google
Product of the Year: Sharp for Zaurus

http://www.linuxjournal.com/edchoice/

Chris