Re: pgsql_tmp and external sort

Lists: pgsql-hackers
From: Soroosh Sardari <soroosh(dot)sardari(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pgsql_tmp and external sort
Date: 2013-07-02 07:55:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Dear Hackers

Recently I find about pgsql_tmp directory. As I think, this directory is a
area for making temporal files which are used for external sort.

I wonder if anyone could help me to find the module of pg that is
responsible for the temporal space and external sort in the PG source code.

Regards
Soroosh Sardari

On 02.07.2013 10:55, Soroosh Sardari wrote:
> Dear Hackers
>
> Recently I find about pgsql_tmp directory. As I think, this directory is a
> area for making temporal files which are used for external sort.
>
> I wonder if anyone could help me to find the module of pg that is
> responsible for the temporal space and external sort in the PG source code.

See src/backend/utils/sort/tuplesort.c and
src/backend/storage/file/buffile.c for starters.

- Heikki