patch for implementing SPI_gettypemod()

Lists: pgsql-hackers
From: Chetan Suttraway <chetan(dot)suttraway(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: patch for implementing SPI_gettypemod()
Date: 2012-02-01 10:23:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi All,

This is regarding the TODO item :
"Add SPI_gettypmod() to return a field's typemod from a TupleDesc"

The related message is:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2005-11/msg00250.php

This basically talks about having an SPI_gettypemod() which returns the
typmod of a field of tupdesc

Please refer the attached patch based on the suggested implementation.

Regards,
Chetan

--
EnterpriseDB Corporation
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Website: www.enterprisedb.com
EnterpriseDB Blog : http://blogs.enterprisedb.com
Follow us on Twitter : http://www.twitter.com/enterprisedb

Attachment Content-Type Size
add_spigettypmod.patch text/x-diff 1.4 KB

On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 5:23 AM, Chetan Suttraway
<chetan(dot)suttraway(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> This is regarding the TODO item :
> "Add SPI_gettypmod() to return a field's typemod from a TupleDesc"
>
> The related message is:
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2005-11/msg00250.php
>
> This basically talks about having an SPI_gettypemod() which returns the
> typmod of a field of tupdesc
>
> Please refer the attached patch based on the suggested implementation.

Please add this to the next CommitFest:

https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/commitfest_view/open

--
Robert Haas

On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 8:11 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 5:23 AM, Chetan Suttraway
> <chetan(dot)suttraway(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > This is regarding the TODO item :
> > "Add SPI_gettypmod() to return a field's typemod from a TupleDesc"
> >
> > The related message is:
> > http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2005-11/msg00250.php
> >
> > This basically talks about having an SPI_gettypemod() which returns the
> > typmod of a field of tupdesc
> >
> > Please refer the attached patch based on the suggested implementation.
>
> Please add this to the next CommitFest:
>
> https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/commitfest_view/open
>
> --
> Robert Haas
> The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

At the given link, I am able to choose only "System administration" under
commitfest topic.
I think there has to be "server features" or "Miscellaneous".

Regards,
Chetan

On ons, 2012-02-01 at 15:53 +0530, Chetan Suttraway wrote:
> This is regarding the TODO item :
> "Add SPI_gettypmod() to return a field's typemod from a TupleDesc"

My first thought was, this should be spelled SPI_gettypmod(). Not sure
what others think.

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 4:25 PM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net> wrote:
> On ons, 2012-02-01 at 15:53 +0530, Chetan Suttraway wrote:
>> This is regarding the TODO item :
>> "Add SPI_gettypmod() to return a field's typemod from a TupleDesc"
>
> My first thought was, this should be spelled SPI_gettypmod().  Not sure
> what others think.

+1.

--
Robert Haas

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 8:15 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 4:25 PM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net> wrote:
> > On ons, 2012-02-01 at 15:53 +0530, Chetan Suttraway wrote:
> >> This is regarding the TODO item :
> >> "Add SPI_gettypmod() to return a field's typemod from a TupleDesc"
> >
> > My first thought was, this should be spelled SPI_gettypmod(). Not sure
> > what others think.
>
> +1.

The reason for using SPI_gettypemod() name was that I did see
SPI_gettypeid().

Anyways, will update patch with recommended name.

Regards,
Chetan

From: Chetan Suttraway <chetan(dot)suttraway(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2012-02-08 06:58:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 12:19 PM, Chetan Suttraway <
chetan(dot)suttraway(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 8:15 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

>> > My first thought was, this should be spelled SPI_gettypmod(). Not sure
>> > what others think.
>>
>> +1.
>>

> The reason for using SPI_gettypemod() name was that I did see
> SPI_gettypeid().
>
> Anyways, will update patch with recommended name.
>

> Regards,
> Chetan

Please refer the attached patch which now uses SPI_gettypmod() name.

Regards,
Chetan

--
EnterpriseDB Corporation
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Website: www.enterprisedb.com
EnterpriseDB Blog : http://blogs.enterprisedb.com
Follow us on Twitter : http://www.twitter.com/enterprisedb

Attachment Content-Type Size
add_spigettypmod.1.patch text/x-diff 1.3 KB