review: tab completion for set search_path TO

Lists: pgsql-hackers
From: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, cb(at)df7cb(dot)de
Subject: review: tab completion for set search_path TO
Date: 2014-06-21 17:22:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello,

this patch https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/patch_view?id=1443 is
trivial with zero risk.

Patch is applicable without any issues, compilation was without any issues
too.

Only one open question is there - should by system schemas visible for
autocompleation or not.

There was not 100% agreement in related discussion. I am inclined to think
so preferable variant is without system schemas - they are used implicitly
and has no sense use it on first position. But on second hand this detail
is not significant and it is hard to get some objective arguments for one
or second variant. Next, this behave can be simply changed without any
impacts if we don't choose well now - so I would to mark this patch as
ready for commit.

Regards

Pavel