Re: bgwriter reference to HOT standby

Lists: pgsql-hackers
From: Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: bgwriter reference to HOT standby
Date: 2013-01-24 07:06:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

The docs on bgworker twice refer to "HOT standby". I don't think that in
either case, the "hot" needs emphasis, and if it does making it look like
an acronym (one already used for something else) is probably not the way to
do it.

Patch to HEAD attached.

Cheers,

Jeff

Attachment Content-Type Size
bgworker_hot_standby_doc.patch text/x-patch 1.6 KB

On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 12:36 PM, Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> The docs on bgworker twice refer to "HOT standby". I don't think that in
> either case, the "hot" needs emphasis, and if it does making it look like an
> acronym (one already used for something else) is probably not the way to do
> it.

I think it should it be "Hot Standby" for consistency. +1 for changing
it from HOT to hot/Hot anyway

Thanks,
Pavan

--
Pavan Deolasee

On 24 January 2013 07:25, Pavan Deolasee <pavan(dot)deolasee(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 12:36 PM, Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>> The docs on bgworker twice refer to "HOT standby". I don't think that in
>> either case, the "hot" needs emphasis, and if it does making it look like an
>> acronym (one already used for something else) is probably not the way to do
>> it.
>
> I think it should it be "Hot Standby" for consistency. +1 for changing
> it from HOT to hot/Hot anyway

Patch applied. Thanks

--
Simon Riggs http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/