Re: psql \watch versus \timing

Lists: pgsql-hackers
From: Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: psql \watch versus \timing
Date: 2013-05-19 20:48:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I'd like to run same query repeatedly and see how long it takes each time.

I thought \watch would be excellent for this, but it turns out that using
\watch suppresses the output of \timing.

Is this intentional, or unavoidable?

Also, is it just or does the inability to watch more frequently than once a
second make it a lot less useful than it could be?

Cheers,

Jeff