CommitFest 2009-09 Plans and Call for Reviewers

Lists: pgsql-hackerspgsql-rrreviewers
From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-rrreviewers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: CommitFest 2009-09 Plans and Call for Reviewers
Date: 2009-09-10 01:13:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-rrreviewers

Folks,

CommitFest 2009-09 is now only days away! I have been having
discussions with a number of people, and the result of those
discussions is that I have agreed to manage the next CommitFest
insofar as patch assignment is concerned. Selena Deckelmann, Stephen
Frost, and Brendan Jurd have agreed to assist with what we're calling
patch-chasing: that is, making sure that discussions around a patch
don't die, and that it gets marked as Commited, Returned with
Feedback, or Rejected in a timely fashion, so that the CommitFest
overall gets closed out in a timely fashion. We're tentatively
looking at dividing up responsibility for patch-chasing by topic, as
follows:

Brendan Jurd: SQL Features, Procedural Languages
Stephen Frost: Security, Contrib, Miscellaneous
Selena Deckelmann: Performance, Clients

Hopefully this plan is acceptable to everyone. If not, please feel
free to reply here.

And that brings me to the next topic. Although I have received many
endorsements of the way that I managed the last CommitFest, for which
I am grateful, I think that the real key to a good CommitFest is to
have a good group of reviewers. We had an excellent group of
reviewers for the last CommitFest and I am hoping that all of those
people will volunteer again. Of course, we also need new reviewers!

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Reviewing_a_Patch
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/RRReviewers
And of course my personal favorite:
http://wiki.postgresql.org/images/5/58/11_eggyknap-patch-review.pdf

Please send me an email (without copying the list) if you are
available to review; feel free to include any information that might
be helpful in assigning you an appropriate patch.

...Robert

On Wed, Sep 09, 2009 at 09:13:40PM -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> Folks,
>
> CommitFest 2009-09 is now only days away! I have been having
> discussions with a number of people, and the result of those
> discussions is that I have agreed to manage the next CommitFest
> insofar as patch assignment is concerned. Selena Deckelmann,
> Stephen Frost, and Brendan Jurd have agreed to assist with what
> we're calling patch-chasing: that is, making sure that discussions
> around a patch don't die, and that it gets marked as Commited,
> Returned with Feedback, or Rejected in a timely fashion, so that the
> CommitFest overall gets closed out in a timely fashion. We're
> tentatively looking at dividing up responsibility for patch-chasing
> by topic, as follows:
>
> Brendan Jurd: SQL Features, Procedural Languages Stephen Frost:
> Security, Contrib, Miscellaneous Selena Deckelmann: Performance,
> Clients
>
> Hopefully this plan is acceptable to everyone. If not, please feel
> free to reply here.
>
> And that brings me to the next topic. Although I have received many
> endorsements of the way that I managed the last CommitFest, for
> which I am grateful, I think that the real key to a good CommitFest
> is to have a good group of reviewers. We had an excellent group of
> reviewers for the last CommitFest and I am hoping that all of those
> people will volunteer again. Of course, we also need new reviewers!
>
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Reviewing_a_Patch

I'm in :)

Cheers,
David.