Broken example in PL/PgSQL documentation

Lists: pgsql-docs
From: Marko Tiikkaja <marko(at)joh(dot)to>
To: PG Docs <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Broken example in PL/PgSQL documentation
Date: 2014-09-04 12:06:40
Lists: pgsql-docs

Hi,

Just came across a broken example in the docs:

local:marko=#* select * from extended_sales(1);
ERROR: column reference "quantity" is ambiguous
LINE 1: SELECT quantity, quantity * price FROM sales
^
DETAIL: It could refer to either a PL/pgSQL variable or a table column.
QUERY: SELECT quantity, quantity * price FROM sales
WHERE itemno = p_itemno
CONTEXT: PL/pgSQL function "extended_sales" line 3 at RETURN QUERY

Patch to fix this attached.

.marko

Attachment Content-Type Size
plpgsql_return_query.patch text/plain 687 bytes