Re: Trove with PostgreSQL-XC

Lists: pgsql-hackers
From: Vivek Singh Raghuwanshi <vivekraghuwanshi(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Trove with PostgreSQL-XC
Date: 2014-08-19 11:14:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi All,

Please let me know is that possible to use Openstack Trove with Postgres-XC.
With instances and Baremetal (after Juno Release).
I Know it is possible to use other medium like MySQL or PostgreSQL, but i
am not sure about XC.

--
ViVek Raghuwanshi
Mobile -+91-09595950504

XC’s libpq is binary compatible with PG. So as long as Openstack uses libpq to connect to PG, XC should work too.

Appreciate if you have a chance to try.

Thanks.
---
Koichi Suzuki

2014/08/19 20:14、Vivek Singh Raghuwanshi <vivekraghuwanshi(at)gmail(dot)com<mailto:vivekraghuwanshi(at)gmail(dot)com>> のメール:

Hi All,

Please let me know is that possible to use Openstack Trove with Postgres-XC.
With instances and Baremetal (after Juno Release).
I Know it is possible to use other medium like MySQL or PostgreSQL, but i am not sure about XC.

--
ViVek Raghuwanshi
Mobile -+91-09595950504
Skype - vivek_raghuwanshi
IRC vivekraghuwanshi
http://vivekraghuwanshi.wordpress.com/
http://in.linkedin.com/in/vivekraghuwanshi

One more question, is this library support multitenancy or we need to
launch separate VPC (virtual public cloud) every time for each customer.
its good if we have both option.

On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 5:04 PM, 鈴木 幸市 <koichi(at)intellilink(dot)co(dot)jp> wrote:

> XC’s libpq is binary compatible with PG. So as long as Openstack uses
> libpq to connect to PG, XC should work too.
>
> Appreciate if you have a chance to try.
>
> Thanks.
> ---
> Koichi Suzuki
>
> 2014/08/19 20:14、Vivek Singh Raghuwanshi <vivekraghuwanshi(at)gmail(dot)com>
> のメール:
>

> Hi All,
>
> Please let me know is that possible to use Openstack Trove with
> Postgres-XC.
> With instances and Baremetal (after Juno Release).
> I Know it is possible to use other medium like MySQL or PostgreSQL, but
> i am not sure about XC.
>

> --
> ViVek Raghuwanshi
> Mobile -+91-09595950504
> Skype - vivek_raghuwanshi
> IRC vivekraghuwanshi
> http://vivekraghuwanshi.wordpress.com/
> http://in.linkedin.com/in/vivekraghuwanshi

ViVek Raghuwanshi
Mobile -+91-09595950504
Skype - vivek_raghuwanshi
IRC vivekraghuwanshi
http://vivekraghuwanshi.wordpress.com/
http://in.linkedin.com/in/vivekraghuwanshi

I replied to the XC-list (only) to ask them to discontinue cross-posting
this thread.

Replying here just so you know.