Re: Trove with PostgreSQL-XC

From: Mark Kirkwood <mark(dot)kirkwood(at)catalyst(dot)net(dot)nz>
Subject: Re: Trove with PostgreSQL-XC
Date: 2014-08-20 06:11:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 19/08/14 23:14, Vivek Singh Raghuwanshi wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Please let me know is that possible to use Openstack Trove with Postgres-XC.
> With instances and Baremetal (after Juno Release).
> I Know it is possible to use other medium like MySQL or PostgreSQL, but
> i am not sure about XC.

AFAIK [1], vanilla Postgres support for Trove is still at the review
stage, and there is quite a bit to finish, and some stuff to fix.

I'd think that getting Trove to provision a complete XC VM (or more
sensibly a set of VMs that run XC) is going to require fair bit of extra
work.

It looks like replication will be deployable via Trove for the supported
flavours (Mysql, Mongo, Cassandra, Counch, Redis) see
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Trove/Replication-And-Clustering . I'm
not seeing any specific discussion of sharding notice.

Cheers

Mark

[1] I've been helping debug the Postgres Trove patch