Re: release slippage

Lists: pgsql-hackers
From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
Subject: release slippage
Date: 2011-06-09 14:19:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 10:03 AM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
>> It's awfully late in the release cycle, but how about we add another
>> digit to the filenames used by SLRU, to up the limit?
>
> It's way too late for that kind of thing, unless you are saying that SSI
> in and of itself is going to cause a release slip.  (Which I'm getting
> the uncomfortable feeling may be true anyway.)

So, speaking of that, aren't we supposed to wrap beta2 any minute now?

There are two open items listed on the open items page as blockers for beta2:

- error in information_schema.element_types view definition (bug 5926)
- more SSI loose ends

We really ought to fix #1, because we've already bumped catversion
since beta1 (several times, actually) and we'd probably like very much
not to do it again before final.

With respect to #2, it would be nice to fix that, but I'm disinclined
to hold up beta2 for it. Kevin and Dan don't seem to have reached
agreement on all the details of the patch, and even if they had, it's
far from obvious that this will be the last SSI related change we'll
need to make. I'd vote for pushing out beta2 even if we can't get
that one in.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company