Re: installing from source in Windows

Lists: pgsql-general
From: "Turner, John J" <JJTurner(at)statestreet(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: installing from source in Windows
Date: 2010-10-15 21:12:44
Lists: pgsql-general

I have MinGW installed and I've unpacked the pg 9.0 source files which
now reside in the following path:
* C:\Program Files\postgresql-9.0.0

In Chapter 15.5 of the 9.0 manual, the installation procedure basically
begins by instructing me to run ./configure
This command does not work.

Much appreciated if someone could point me in the right direction or
clue me in to what I need in order to run the configuration script.

Thanks,
John

No at all familiar with MinGW, but I've done some "./configure"s in my time.

./configure scripts 1) check to see what the local build environment
contains and 2) which special feature you wish to toggle.

But the pretty much assume a unix-like env. Could you put cygwin on
rather than just mingw?