Re: Why does pg_standby require libpq.so.5?

Lists: pgsql-hackers
From: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Why does pg_standby require libpq.so.5?
Date: 2009-06-25 04:50:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I wonder why pg_standby requires libpq.so.5. We should get rid of
PG_LIB settings from contrib/pg_standby/Makefile? Here is the patch
to do so.

Am I missing something?

Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center

Attachment Content-Type Size
pgstandby_makefile.patch text/x-patch 509 bytes

On Thu, 2009-06-25 at 13:50 +0900, Fujii Masao wrote:

> I wonder why pg_standby requires libpq.so.5. We should get rid of
> PG_LIB settings from contrib/pg_standby/Makefile? Here is the patch
> to do so.
>
> Am I missing something?

It's good. Checked and ready to apply.

--
Simon Riggs www.2ndQuadrant.com

> On Thu, 2009-06-25 at 13:50 +0900, Fujii Masao wrote:
>
>> I wonder why pg_standby requires libpq.so.5. We should get rid of
>> PG_LIB settings from contrib/pg_standby/Makefile? Here is the patch
>> to do so.
>>
>> Am I missing something?
>
> It's good. Checked and ready to apply.

Is there any reason not to remove the include directory in PG_CPPFLAGS
as well? Seems it is equally unused...

--
Magnus Hagander
Self: http://www.hagander.net/

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 8:33 PM, Magnus Hagander<magnus(at)hagander(dot)net> wrote:
> Is there any reason not to remove the include directory in PG_CPPFLAGS
> as well? Seems it is equally unused...

No. I agree to remove PG_CPPFLAGS.