Re: error: operator does not exist: bigint = character varying

Lists: pgsql-jdbc
From: Edoardo Panfili <edoardo(at)aspix(dot)it>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: error: operator does not exist: bigint = character varying
Date: 2007-06-27 21:12:41
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi,

I am updating from 8.2.4 to 8.3dev
the jdbc driver is postgresql-8.3dev-600.jdbc3.jar

Now my application raises this exception (all was ok with 8.2):
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: operator does not exist:
bigint = character varying

this is my code fragment
PreparedStatement ps = connessione.prepareStatement("SELECT
strato.idplot, strato.idstrato, strato.nome, strato.copertura,
strato.altezza, strato.note FROM plot WHERE idplot=?");
ResultSet risultatoStrati;
ps.setString(1, rilievo.dato[Rilievo.ID]);
risultatoStrati = istruzioneStrati.executeQuery();
The error is in the last istruction, it seems that I am doing somehing
not clean with types.

the type of idplot is
"idplot integer NOT NULL DEFAULT nextval('sequenza_plot'::regclass)"

I did a try with
ps.setInt(1, Integer.parseInt(rilievo.dato[Rilievo.ID]));

but nothing is changed.

Whath I am doing wrong?

If I exec "SELECT
strato.idplot,strato.idstrato,strato.nome,strato.copertura,strato.altezza,strato.note
FROM strato WHERE idplot=567" from pgadmin all goes well.

thank you
Edoardo

--
Jabber: edoardopa(at)talk(dot)google(dot)com
tel: 075 9142766

> org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: operator does not exist:
> bigint = character varying

> ps.setString(1, rilievo.dato[Rilievo.ID]);

Use a setter that's appropriate to the type e.g. setLong(), not setString().

-O