Availability of a Signed Version of postgresql.jar

Lists: pgsql-jdbc
From: "Dario V(dot) Fassi" <software(at)sistemat(dot)com(dot)ar>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Availability of a Signed Version of postgresql.jar
Date: 2004-07-08 18:45:17
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

It's available a Signed Version of postgresql.jar ?

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: "Dario V(dot) Fassi" <software(at)sistemat(dot)com(dot)ar>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2004-07-08 21:37:39
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004, Dario V. Fassi wrote:

> It's available a Signed Version of postgresql.jar ?

No, but why would you want one? As I understand it signed jar files are
only useful in a sandboxed environment where access to protected resources
is desired. The postgresql jar file itself is useless without an
application calling it so the application should include the
postgresql.jar file and be signed, not the pg jar file.

Further as the driver is maintained by unrelated volunteers there are
problems because no one individual is in charge of producing the jar
files and there is no certificate chain available from someone like
Verisign.

Kris Jurka