Re: Looking for information on our elephant

Lists: pgsql-hackers
From: Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Looking for information on our elephant
Date: 2013-09-19 23:16:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I'm Looking for information on our elephant: especially how/why we
chose elephant as our mascot.

According to:
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Logo

The discussion was back to 1997 on the hackers list. Unfortunately the
official archive for 1997 was lost. Mine seems to be gone too. Any
information will be appreciated.
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan