Re: Looking for information on our elephant

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Looking for information on our elephant
Date: 2013-09-20 16:36:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 09/19/2013 04:16 PM, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm Looking for information on our elephant: especially how/why we
> chose elephant as our mascot.

What I've been told:

Our first logo was one Jan designed, which was a elephant in a diamond.
While the idea was nice, it looked terrible, so when Marc and Greg
launched PostreSQL Inc. they hired an actual desinger who created the
blue elephant we have now. This design was then contributed to the
community.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.