Re: just a question re: submitted bug...

Lists: pgsql-bugs
From: "Ati Rosselet" <ati(dot)rosselet(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: just a question re: submitted bug...
Date: 2008-06-25 08:26:41
Lists: pgsql-bugs

is there any way to tell whether a submitted bug has been accepted, and what
its' status is? I'm continually getting errors in my EventLog (yes, win32,
win2k3), and if my application attempts to access the db at the same time,
it seems to be unable to get a connection from the pool, and fails... which
is bad on a production system. Reducing logging I've managed to restrict the
error to the wee hours of the morning (at daily log rollover if the timing
is just that perfect bad timing...) ..
Thanks
Ati

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 10:26:41AM +0200, Ati Rosselet wrote:
> is there any way to tell whether a submitted bug has been accepted, and what
> its' status is?

Not really: the project doesn't use a bug tracker (there are constant
flamewars about this, so you probably don't want to ask "why?").

> I'm continually getting errors in my EventLog (yes, win32,
> win2k3), and if my application attempts to access the db at the same time,
> it seems to be unable to get a connection from the pool, and fails... which
> is bad on a production system. Reducing logging I've managed to restrict the
> error to the wee hours of the morning (at daily log rollover if the timing
> is just that perfect bad timing...) ..

This doesn't sound like a bug anyway. I'd post your issues on the
-general list and get some help.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs(at)commandprompt(dot)com
+1 503 667 4564 x104
http://www.commandprompt.com/

> On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 10:26:41AM +0200, Ati Rosselet wrote:

> > I'm continually getting errors in my EventLog (yes, win32,
> > win2k3), and if my application attempts to access the db at the same time,
> > it seems to be unable to get a connection from the pool, and fails... which
> > is bad on a production system. Reducing logging I've managed to restrict the
> > error to the wee hours of the morning (at daily log rollover if the timing
> > is just that perfect bad timing...) ..
>
> This doesn't sound like a bug anyway. I'd post your issues on the
> -general list and get some help.

It has already been discussed in -general, and it does indeed look like
a bug to me. It needs some Windows person to look into it.

> > This doesn't sound like a bug anyway. I'd post your issues on the
> > -general list and get some help.
>
> It has already been discussed in -general, and it does indeed look like
> a bug to me. It needs some Windows person to look into it.

Here's the link anyway:

http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/ce6402fc0806051839o13552a6fl183de60a1ad6005%40mail.gmail.com

I see Ati forgot to CC the group on one reply and so the thread
chaining was broken. Here's where it follows

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2008-06/msg00272.php