Re: [pgsql-patches] Fixed shared_preload_libraries on Win32

Lists: pgsql-patches
From: <korryd(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Fixed shared_preload_libraries on Win32
Date: 2007-01-29 20:29:25
Lists: pgsql-patches

This patch fixes shared_preload_libraries on Windows hosts. It forces
ach backend to re-load all shared_preload_libraries.

(see http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2007-01/msg01498.php
for discussion)

-- Korry

--
Korry Douglas korryd(at)enterprisedb(dot)com

shared_preload.diff text/x-patch 2.1 KB

> This patch fixes shared_preload_libraries on Windows hosts. It forces
> ach backend to re-load all shared_preload_libraries.
>

> (see http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2007-01/msg01498.php
> for discussion)
>

> -- Korry
>

> --
> Korry Douglas korryd(at)enterprisedb(dot)com

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

Bruce Momjian bruce(at)momjian(dot)us

Patch applied. Thanks. I did not backpatch this to 8.2.X. If I
should, let me know.

korryd(at)enterprisedb(dot)com wrote:
> This patch fixes shared_preload_libraries on Windows hosts. It forces
> ach backend to re-load all shared_preload_libraries.
>

> (see http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2007-01/msg01498.php
> for discussion)
>

> -- Korry
>

> --
> Korry Douglas korryd(at)enterprisedb(dot)com

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

> Patch applied. Thanks. I did not backpatch this to 8.2.X. If I
> should, let me know.

Thanks Bruce - this bug will prevent plugins (like the PL/pgSQL debugger, profiler, and tracer) from working on Windows hosts, so I think it would be useful to backpatch to 8.2.

-- Korry

--
Korry Douglas korryd(at)enterprisedb(dot)com

> > Patch applied. Thanks. I did not backpatch this to 8.2.X. If I
> > should, let me know.
>

> Thanks Bruce - this bug will prevent plugins (like the PL/pgSQL
> debugger, profiler, and tracer) from working on Windows hosts, so I
> think it would be useful to backpatch to 8.2.

Done.

> > > Patch applied. Thanks. I did not backpatch this to 8.2.X. If I
> > > should, let me know.
> >

> > Thanks Bruce - this bug will prevent plugins (like the PL/pgSQL
> > debugger, profiler, and tracer) from working on Windows hosts, so I
> > think it would be useful to backpatch to 8.2.
>
> Done.

Thank you very much!

-- Korry

--
Korry Douglas korryd(at)enterprisedb(dot)com