shared_preload_libraries support on Win32?

From: <korryd(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: shared_preload_libraries support on Win32?
Date: 2007-01-29 16:25:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

(working on the PL debugger...)

It appears that the libraries listed in shared_preload_libraries will
*not* be inherited by spawned backends on Win32 platforms.

Do we have to do something special to make that work?

Using ProcessExplorer (from sysinternals.com), I can see that my plugins
are loaded into the postmaster, but not into the individual backends.

If I set local_preload_libraries equal to shared_preload_libraries, the
plugins are loaded into the backends as expected (so it seems unlikely
that I have a pathname or permissions problem).

Should we just call process_shared_preload_libraries() after calling
read_nondefault_variables() (in SubPostmasterMain())?

-- Korry

--
Korry Douglas korryd(at)enterprisedb(dot)com