Re: Fwd: Start up question about triggers

Lists: pgsql-sql
From: "Forums (at) Existanze" <forums(at)existanze(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Start up question about triggers
Date: 2006-06-22 09:19:00
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hello all,

I know that this question may be really simple, but I have decided to ask
here due to fact that I don't know how to search for this on google or on
the docs.

I created a trigger fuction which updates a specific row in some table A. Is
it possible to retain the query that was used to trigger the function. For
example

Table A
query_row_id
query_row

TABLE B
id
name

I know that this question may be really simple, but I have decided to ask
here due to fact that I don't know how to search for this on google or on
the docs.

I created a trigger fuction which updates a specific row in some table A. Is
it possible to retain the query that was used to trigger the function. For
example

Table A
query_row_id
query_row

TABLE B
id
name

If I create a trigger on table B that says that after the insert command to
write the query into table A. So if I do

insert into B values(1,"Blah")

this will trigger my trigger. Is there any way to get the "insert into B
values(1,"Blah")? At the moment I can see only the type of query that it is
(INSERT UPDATE DELETE)

best regards,
Fotis

_____