Relation "tablename" does not exist

Lists: pgsql-general
From: "Johan van der Merwe" <johan(at)bnrel(dot)co(dot)za>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Relation "tablename" does not exist
Date: 2006-06-15 06:52:24
Lists: pgsql-general

I have posted this before without receiving replies

My code is as follows:

Public dbRemote As New Connection
Public rsData As New Recordset

dbRemote.Properties("Data Source").Value = "DSM"
dbRemote.Properties("Initial Catalog").Value = "BCM_DSM"
dbRemote.Properties("User ID").Value = "johan"
dbRemote.Properties("Password").Value = "johan"
dbRemote.Open

rsData.Open "tblSuburb", dbRemote, , , adCmdTable

I receive the error "Relation "tblSuburb" does not exist"

Cheers

Johan van der Merwe
Ballenden & Robb Consulting Engineers
Tel (043) 743 3809
Fax (043) 743 9321
Cell 082 5530445

"I Don't want to be a human being, I want to be a human doing"

> I have posted this before without receiving replies

Can't see it in the archives. Were you subscribed?

> My code is as follows:
>
> Public dbRemote As New Connection
> Public rsData As New Recordset
>
> dbRemote.Properties("Data Source").Value = "DSM"
> dbRemote.Properties("Initial Catalog").Value = "BCM_DSM"
> dbRemote.Properties("User ID").Value = "johan"
> dbRemote.Properties("Password").Value = "johan"
> dbRemote.Open
>
> rsData.Open "tblSuburb", dbRemote, , , adCmdTable
>

> I receive the error "Relation "tblSuburb" does not exist"

Either you created the table quoted (thus preserving its case) and you
are accessing it unquoted (so it's folded to lower-case) or the other
way around. It's how PostgreSQL provides case-insensitive table-names.

So:
CREATE "TaBlE1" ...
SELECT * FROM "TaBlE1" (works)
SELECT * FROM table1 (fails)