Re: Relation "tablename" does not exist

From: Michael Glaesemann <grzm(at)seespotcode(dot)net>
To: "Johan van der Merwe" <johan(at)bnrel(dot)co(dot)za>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Relation "tablename" does not exist
Date: 2006-06-15 07:14:57
Lists: pgsql-general

On Jun 15, 2006, at 15:52 , Johan van der Merwe wrote:

> My code is as follows:

Could you explain a bit more what this code is? Is it Java? Python?
What does it do? I know it's not SQL, and I'm guessing it's some kind
of ORM, but without more information I really don't know how to help
(and perhaps others are having the same trouble).

> I receive the error "Relation "tblSuburb" does not exist"

What is the name of the table in the database itself? Can you provide
an example of SQL that *does* do what you want? Or perhaps some psql
output showing the table definition for "tblSuburb"? There's a chance
that it's a quoting problem: your code is calling "tablSuburb" (with
double-quotes, which tells the server to look for a case-sensitive
match) and your table is actually named "tblsuburb". PostgreSQL
downcases all unquoted identifiers.

Hope this helps a bit.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm seespotcode net