PostgreSQL 8.0.0 Release Candidate 3

Lists: pgsql-announcepgsql-generalpgsql-hackerspgsql-ports
From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL 8.0.0 Release Candidate 3
Date: 2005-01-02 14:56:09
Lists: pgsql-announce pgsql-general pgsql-hackers pgsql-ports

As was anticipated, time between Release Candidate 2 and 3 was nice and
short, with more changes being made now to Documentation vs Code.

A current list of *known* supported platforms can be found at:

http://developer.postgresql.org/supported-platforms.html

We're always looking to improve that list, so we encourage anyone that is
running a platform not listed to please report on any success or failures
with Release Candidate 3.

Baring *any* coding changes (documentation != code) over the next week or
so, we *hope* that this will the final Release Candidate before Full
Release, with that being aimed for the 15th (or earlier).

As always, this release is available on all mirrors, as listed at:

http://www.postgresql.org/mirrors-ftp.html

For those using Bittorrent, David Fetter has updated the .torrents, which can
be downloaded from:

http://bt.postgresql.org

Please report any bug reports with this Release Candidate to:

pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org

----

Does this release incorporate a change to the bgwriter or was it
determined to leave it as-is until 8.1?

Regards,
Jeff Davis

On Sun, 2005-01-02 at 09:56, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> As was anticipated, time between Release Candidate 2 and 3 was nice and
> short, with more changes being made now to Documentation vs Code.
>
> A current list of *known* supported platforms can be found at:
>
> http://developer.postgresql.org/supported-platforms.html

Are you sure this list is complete? I don't see the ps2, xbox, or
gamecube listed under supported platforms :-)

Robert Treat

I also don't see MIPSEL and ARM on the list, both running debian sarge (in the build farm).

Jim

> On Sun, 2005-01-02 at 09:56, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> >
> > As was anticipated, time between Release Candidate 2 and 3 was nice and
> > short, with more changes being made now to Documentation vs Code.
> >
> > A current list of *known* supported platforms can be found at:
> >
> > http://developer.postgresql.org/supported-platforms.html
> >

> Are you sure this list is complete? I don't see the ps2, xbox, or
> gamecube listed under supported platforms :-)
>
> Robert Treat
> --
> Build A Brighter Lamp :: Linux Apache {middleware} PostgreSQL

> http://archives.postgresql.org
> Does this release incorporate a change to the bgwriter or was it
> determined to leave it as-is until 8.1?

There are no bgwriter changes in RC3. We don't know yet if they will be
in 8.0 final.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us