8.0 beta 1 on linux-mipsel R5900

From: Chris <list(at)1006(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: 8.0 beta 1 on linux-mipsel R5900
Date: 2004-08-24 00:21:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I've compiled 8.0 beta 1 on a R5900 V3.1 (a playstation 2) running
Linux (PS2 Linux 1) for portability testing.

Here is what make check gave:

Without --disable-spinlocks
compilation *appears* to be fine, but the backends core dumps
on the spinlock assembly in s_lock.c (signal 4 -- illegal
instruction) on first run.

With --disable-spinlocks
all is well except the two floating point tests float4 and float8
out of 96 tests fail. This is likely due to the R5900 not being
fully IEEE-compliant(?) (regression.diffs attached).

--

I'm wondering: would it be hard to fix the assembly spinlock code
for the R5900?

Bye, Chris.

PS: I've compiled using gcc 2.95.2 and with CFLAGS -O0 -g.

Attachment Content-Type Size
regression.diffs text/x-patch 4.9 KB