Re: Why is libpgtcl still in CVS?

Lists: pgsql-hackerspgsql-interfaces
From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>, PostgreSQL-interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Why is libpgtcl still in CVS?
Date: 2004-04-09 17:39:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-interfaces

Why is libpgtcl still in /src/interfaces? Isn't it now on gborg? Are
there two of them there now?

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us

From: L J Bayuk <ljb220(at)mindspring(dot)com>
To: pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us (Bruce Momjian)
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org (PostgreSQL-development), pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org (PostgreSQL-interfaces)
Subject: Re: Why is libpgtcl still in CVS?
Date: 2004-04-10 00:22:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-interfaces

Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Why is libpgtcl still in /src/interfaces? Isn't it now on gborg? Are
> there two of them there now?

There are indeed two - mine and the other one:
http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/pgtclng/
Version 1.5.0 released 2004-02-29 (source, manual, and Windows binary
releases)
http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/pgtcl/
Last release was beta 1.4b3 2002-11-15?

If you delete libpgtcl from "core" CVS, you lose the histories. I don't
think you want that. But that doesn't mean you necessarily have to bundle
it with the release anymore, does it? It's up to you core team people what
you want to do about unbundling libpgtcl. I've done my part. But I do have
a suggestion: if you chose to unbundled it and pgtclng becomes the
"official" Tcl interface, someone from the core team needs to be added to
the admin list of the gborg pgtclng project. You know, just in case...

> Why is libpgtcl still in /src/interfaces? Isn't it now on gborg? Are
> there two of them there now?

I am still waiting for an answer on this. Does no one know?

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us