Re: uploading texts

Lists: pgsql-general
From: ktt <kestutis98(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: uploading texts
Date: 2002-07-04 09:56:19
Lists: pgsql-general

hello.

I have plans to build textual postgres
database with php interface.
but uploading texts to it via copy(at)paste
to html form seems to be inconvienent.
what other possibilities to upload texts
to the postgres via php?
any links would be great.

thanx,

ktt.

http://sbc.yahoo.com

From: Frank Joerdens <frank(at)joerdens(dot)de>
To: ktt <kestutis98(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: uploading texts
Date: 2002-07-04 13:47:44
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, Jul 04, 2002 at 02:56:19AM -0700, ktt wrote:
> hello.
>
> I have plans to build textual postgres
> database with php interface.
> but uploading texts to it via copy(at)paste
> to html form seems to be inconvienent.
> what other possibilities to upload texts
> to the postgres via php?
> any links would be great.

I've been thinking about using the wv library to parse M$ Word files
server-side after uploading them, and then stuffing the resulting bits
into a db. I think it would be a good thing to be able to do. I haven't
gotten 'round to it though.

http://www.wvware.com/

Tutorials for file uploading via PHP abound on

http://www.phpbuilder.com/

Regards, Frank

On Thu, Jul 04, 2002 at 03:47:44PM +0200, Frank Joerdens wrote:

> I've been thinking about using the wv library to parse M$ Word files
> server-side after uploading them, and then stuffing the resulting bits
> into a db. I think it would be a good thing to be able to do. I haven't
> gotten 'round to it though.

I suspect that this software already does what you want:

http://www.zope.org/Members/Kaivo/DocumentLibrary

You might be able to modify it to use PHP or to use Postgres (or
both, of course).

----
Andrew Sullivan 87 Mowat Avenue
Liberty RMS Toronto, Ontario Canada