Re: uploading texts

From: Frank Joerdens <frank(at)joerdens(dot)de>
To: ktt <kestutis98(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: uploading texts
Date: 2002-07-04 13:47:44
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, Jul 04, 2002 at 02:56:19AM -0700, ktt wrote:
> hello.
>
> I have plans to build textual postgres
> database with php interface.
> but uploading texts to it via copy(at)paste
> to html form seems to be inconvienent.
> what other possibilities to upload texts
> to the postgres via php?
> any links would be great.

I've been thinking about using the wv library to parse M$ Word files
server-side after uploading them, and then stuffing the resulting bits
into a db. I think it would be a good thing to be able to do. I haven't
gotten 'round to it though.

http://www.wvware.com/

Tutorials for file uploading via PHP abound on

http://www.phpbuilder.com/

Regards, Frank