Re: What popular, large commercial websites run

Lists: pgsql-general
From: pgsql-gen Newsgroup ((at)Basebeans(dot)com) <pgsql-gen(at)basebeans(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: What popular, large commercial websites run
Date: 2002-04-30 04:10:01
Lists: pgsql-general

Subject: Re: [GENERAL] What popular, large commercial websites run
From: Vic Cekvenich <vic(at)basebeans(dot)com>
===
Would profit margin or cost of operation impress managment? Low cost =
profit.
The way I see it, some managers will buy Oracle. They will have low
profit margines. Some programers will use PostgreSQL. They will have
high margins.
One day the profitable company buys the non-profitable company and then
the managers of the company that got taken over are all fired.
Problem is that managers don't know IT, they will... fade away.

Vic