Re: anyone knows about pam_pgsql ?

Lists: pgsql-general
From: Peter Pilsl <pilsl(at)goldfisch(dot)at>
Subject: anyone knows about pam_pgsql ?
Date: 2001-11-20 12:22:59
Lists: pgsql-general

trying for days now to get documentation about this tool that would
allow me to authenticate users for different services via a
postgres-database on my linuxsystem.

I obtained two versions: 0.03 which I cant even compile and 0.9.3
which I can compile but there is not a single byte docs coming with
it, so I tried based on two postings from googles and failed ...

#%PAM-1.0

auth sufficient /usr/local/lib/pam_pgsql.so user=peter passwd=xxxx host=limpio.local db=auth table=users usercolumn=username passwdcolumn=userpass crypt=1 where=status=1

the failmessage was (definitely OT here ...)
Nov 20 12:59:54 lupo imapd[14134]: accepted connection
Nov 20 12:59:58 lupo imapd[14134]: PAM unable to dlopen(/usr/local/lib/pam_pgsql.so)
Nov 20 12:59:58 lupo imapd[14134]: PAM [dlerror: /usr/local/lib/pam_pgsql.so: undefined symbol: sqlca]
Nov 20 12:59:58 lupo imapd[14134]: PAM adding faulty module: /usr/local/lib/pam_pgsql.so
Nov 20 13:00:01 lupo master[26807]: process 14134 exited, status 0

thnx,
peter

--
mag. peter pilsl

phone: +43 676 3574035
fax : +43 676 3546512
email: pilsl(at)goldfisch(dot)at
sms : pilsl(at)max(dot)mail(dot)at

pgp-key available

there is another pam-module, which might work. You can find it in
http://sourceforge.net/projects/sysauth-pgsql. I'm not sure how good
this work. I tried nss-pgsql version 0.9.0 from the same author and run
into massive problems. Maybe version 1.0.0 is better. I didn't try it.
My solution was to create my own version of nss-pgsql. If you need it,
you can find it on my homepage http://www.maekitalo.de.

Tommi