Re: Can't connect to 6.5.2 server with 7.0.2 client

Lists: pgsql-general
From: Forest Wilkinson <fspam(at)home(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Can't connect to 6.5.2 server with 7.0.2 client
Date: 2000-09-18 22:00:02
Lists: pgsql-general

I was just about to give postgres 7.0.2 a try on my development machine,
but after installing it, I find that I can't connect to my 6.5.2
production servers. The following error message is reported by both psql
and pgaccess, upon trying to connect:

ERROR: MultiByte strings (MB) must be enabled to use this function

The connection then fails. Is there some way around this, short of
upgrading all my production servers?

Cheers,

Forest

> I was just about to give postgres 7.0.2 a try on my development machine,
> but after installing it, I find that I can't connect to my 6.5.2
> production servers. The following error message is reported by both psql
> and pgaccess, upon trying to connect:
>
> ERROR: MultiByte strings (MB) must be enabled to use this function
>
> The connection then fails. Is there some way around this, short of
> upgrading all my production servers?

Recompile your 7.0.2 without --enable-multibyte option.
--
Tatsuo Ishii